PSH is based on the philosophy that people with psychiatric diagnoses can live in their own housing with the same rights and responsibilities as anyone else, regardless of their support needs. PSH is characterized by individual choice of housing; functional separation of housing and services; decent, safe and affordable housing; access to housing; and flexible, voluntary and recovery-focused services. There are no pre-requisites to attend this training.
Day 1 - Participants will be able to:
- List seven core elements of Permanent Supportive Housing.
- Define strengths-based assessment.
- List three benefits of peer support services.
Day 2 - Participants will be able to:
- Describe three ways to focus on supporting tenancy.
- List five sources of funding for housing.
- Define cost burden and fair market rent.
- Articulate two rationales for "a fair share" of housing resources.