This 6-part e-learning training series was developed by legacy DADS and DSHS to educate direct service workers and others about behavioral health needs of people who have an IDD and a co-occurring behavioral health condition. This training looks at challenging behavior in a new way and emphasizes the importance of supporting mental wellness in individuals with an IDD.
Through the modules in this course, you will learn to recognize the "whole person," and to gain a better understanding of different factors that influence the way people with IDD think, feel, and behave. You will also learn how you can positively impact their quality of life.
The course consists of six modules as follows:
1. Co-occurring Disorders: Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and Mental Illness
2. Trauma Informed Care for Individuals with IDD
3. Functional Behavior Assessment and Behavior Support
4. Overview of Genetic Syndromes Associated with IDD
5. Overview of other Medical Diagnoses Associated with IDD
6. Putting it all Together
To ENROLL, Login or click Create New Account.